Our Financial Support Worker, acts as a first point of call for Carers and is based at the Carers Centre. Carers with financial difficulties experience stress, anxiety and depression due to demands of the caring role. the support Worker offers financial advice. In addition, will help with accessing funding for social activities or for items around the home such as assistive technology or white goods which help to reduce stresses of caring. 

Additionally, Carers have the opportunity to access a variety of support available in the Carers Centre promoting peer support, building relationships and firm network of friends. Relationships will be sustainable past the life of the project and will form a large part of the coping mechanisms.

These are some frequently asked questions, that we get asked on a regular basis. Feel free that if you do not see the question and answer that you are looking for to contact us on 01782 793100.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
Am I entitled to Carers Allowance
Can the person I look after claim Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?
What is Universal Credit? Can I claim it if I am a Carer?
What if I'm a Carer but don't qualify for Carers Allowance
When am I eligible for a council tax reduction?
Can I still get a free over 75 TV Licence?
Where and how do I claim a blue badge?

Carers   Feedback

Carer, Visitor


Carer, Visitor


  • Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Twitter page
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon

North Staffs Carers, Trent House, 234 Victoria Road, Fenton,

Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2LW Telephone 01782 793100

Registered No. 3313461 | Registered Charity No. 1062548

(c) 2015 North Staffs Carers Association. All rights reserved